Need Potty training help

So my son turned two this past May. I'm due with my second child in Dec. and I'd like my son to be fully potty trained before the baby gets here. He does really good, usually. I still use diapers at night and if we're going to be away from bathrooms for a long period (like out in the country). He does really good , he loves his "big boy underwear" that are just like daddy's. He's even peed in public restrooms, but lately he's been peeing in his undies. He won't even try to pull them down. He'll go to his potty chair and sit on it, but just pees right through the underwear. If he's naked (which happens alot at home) he'll go poop in his potty, but if he has on underwear he won't even try... When he goes potty he gets a sticker, and gets to wash his hands, and sometimes a cookie too. How do I teach him to pull his undies down everytime? Did anyone else have this problem? I don't want to discipline him, but I need advice. Thanks

momma_marian

Asked by momma_marian at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• He is confused...you keep putting him in undies then diapers...get rid of the diapers or only use them at night...if you are out in the country, pee on a tree...my dd peed on the grass if I forgot to take the portable potty chair with us...best advise...get rid of the diapers. He knows that he can pee in them and not get in trouble so if he pees in his undies it's the same in his mind.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 2 is kinda young for a boy to be fully potty trained
    Bjoycassell

Answer by Bjoycassell at 1:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think you started too young, but what's done is done. I agree with above - get rid of diapers completely during the day - no excuses. When he needs to go, you need to pull down his pants, I can't believe a 2 year old could possibly be responsible for that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009