I'm starving but nothing sounds good to eat!

I just got over the stomach flu and I'm really hungry but each time I look at something to eat it looks really gross to me. Friday was when I got sick, and saturday I ate crackers, bananas and apple sauce. Yesterday I added peanut butter and had some chicken soup. but now I'm really hungry and I can't find anything! Any suggestions on what I could eat?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• First...... sorry you were sick. That sucks. When I get like that I usually will start with some slices of sharp cheddar with a light bbq sauce for dipping. OR I'll have a cheesy toast and a small V8. Those things usually will help your stomach to strengthen back up a bit. Then when my tummy is feeling a bit stronger I go for a baked potato and a small (lean) steak with ice tea. Sort of like building your stomachs strength back up.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Potatoes always make me feel better after a bug. I too am starving and nothing sounds good to me either. :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I like to make homemade lentil soup.My broth is carots,celery and garlic,red onion will do too.Then I add the lentils or you can add lentils first and then the vegs because it all takes time but not that long maybe a hour or two but check the lentil every so often.The broth is good for you,especially with the garlic and the lentils give you some energy but not that filling.Take care mean time and drink lots of water and rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Something salty. Does an egg scramble with cheese sound icky?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009