Any moms from Boston or know about Boston?

We are looking to maybe go up there for a couple of days around my birthday, so what is there to do there?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The Children's museum is pretty good for that age. They have a section specifically for 3 and under and other exhibits like the bubble room are interesting for little ones too. The museum of science has a small area for under 5s including a small area for pre-walkers if she's on the younger side but it's really more a compensation for little kids who are getting dragged along with older siblings, KWIM? The Aquarium might actually be good for you then. When my guy was that little he'd spent ages just staring at the penguins (there are big glass window in the enclosure so she can seem them from a stroller) and watching the creatures in the giant tank; 4 stories tall I think with a ramp winding round the whole thing.

If you're able to get out of the city then the Stone Zoo in Stoneham is worth a visit, I think it's about 6 miles north of Boston. The Discovery Museum in Acton is good for little ones too but quite a hike...
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i am i am.....there is so much....it is very historical.the freedom trail..the north end(italian)the aqurium.newbury street (shopping)to eat i liked mortons......hmm out a little further cape cod...maine....coply plaza(shopping and the tallest building in boston)the prudential bldg...all together.thats if you can get out of logan air port to begin with...i would to to tf green in rhode island...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What kind of things are you looking for? How old are your kids? The museum of science is a lot of fun, we're members there because we go so often. The Children's Museum is a lot of fun up to about age 10 or 11 I'd say. It's more like a science investigation place than a traditional museum nowadays, lots to see and do. The Aquarium isn't bad but it's quite pricey for what it is, we rarely spend more than 2-3 hours there and half of that time is spent looking at the penguins.

If you have history buffs in the family a walk down the Freedom Trail is always good. Quincy Market is good for lunch because there are a few dozen different options all under one roof. Best to go a bit early or late though, it gets really crazy around noon. A ride on the duck boats goes over well with kids too and you'll see a lot of the town that way.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My daughter is only 1, so I want to do stuff that will be fun for her. Aquariums, zoos or even cool museums would be great!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ...from Boston. I think it's about 20 miles out but that's off the top of my head, I've never gone from Boston to Acton because I live north of both of them.

If the weather is nice you can take a stroll around Boston Common and visit the duckling statues. Read 'make way for ducklings' a few times before you go and it'll be like visiting a celebrity from a story book :-) The reflecting pool at the Scientology Center is a nice place for a stroll too and the wide expanse of water tends to fascinate the little ones.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009