AND I'M THE BAD MOM?!?!?!

Please help me, by reading this..
http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1520502&posted=1

Ok, now that I have vented to all of you, I want to know your opinions, too. Do you think that it is better to be a stay at home parent and be broke and not be able to afford to do anything monetarily for your child, or do you think it is better to take your kid to day care while you work? Honestly.

Tiera12

Asked by Tiera12 at 1:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think that things equal love or happiness. My daughter is VERY loved, and VERY happy. I think being a stay at home parent is great IF it can work for your family. I doesn't work for ours. Sorry if any of you didn't read the journal, because the whole thing makes a LOT more sense if you do, but either way.. My whole point is I don't think I am a bad mom because I work, I provide for my child that way.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i think whatever is best for your family is the best
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Who cares really. You do what you can do and she'll do what she wants no matter how much money you have to spend. I would ignore people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• depends if you could get a job different schedule from dh or have family watch LO then id say work if your poor and living off the gov't vs working then id say you need to sacrifice and get a job, why should my taxes support you because u want to stay home even though you cannot afford it? im sure i will be bashed for this but its what i think
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Things do not equal love of happiness...look at Anna Nicole...just saying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• anna nicole .. really thats what you compare a working mother 2.. wow thats a great one rolls eyes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No, you're not a bad mom. Do what works for your family. I am a sahm going to school and I LOVE that I don't have to put my daughter into daycare. Do I think moms are bad if they do? Of course not . . . you have to be able to take care of your children, if you have to work to do that . . . then you do, period. Tell her to mind her own damn business!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree. You do the best that you can to provide for your family. As long as you are able to give them the essentials (a roof over their head, medical care, food, clothes, etc.) Don't make your decisions based on what others think is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I compared her to AN because she bragged that she spent $1500 on a birthday party that her child will never remember.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• sorry never watched her was a little too braindead for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009