going to deliver my bby im 34wks

ok so i keep going into preterm labor since i was 29wks now im 34 wks an after steroid shots theyve told me they wnt stop it im 34 wks an getting ready to head in im worried bout my lil girl do u think she will be ok? any1 have a bby around this time with steroid shots wat was the outcome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a 34 weeker should be fine... she will have low birth weight and may need oxygen, but besides that, she should be ok within a few weeks!

Are you sure you are going to deliver her? I started pre-term labor at 31 weeks and went thru it weekly until I was finally induced at 38 weeks! How far dilated are you? Effaced?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My cousin had her baby around this time, I know it was atleast a month early and she turned out perfectly healthy, except she was a little underweight, I think 5 lbs. She is about 3 months old now and still really healthy. She kept going into pre-term labor and they would give her shots to stop her labor. I'm not sure what the shots were though. I'm sure you will be just fine if the doctors are recommending it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my brothers baby was born at 30 weeks. he was tiny and had to stay in the hospital but had no big problems. and thats 4 weeks before u r having yours. i wish good luck to u and your baby
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my friend had 2 of her 4 kids that early and they are healthy kids
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• maybe your baby will saty in longer. i went into labor 3 times and my ds made it to 37 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• They WON'T stop it or they CAN'T ??? This may be what's best for you. if they've already done everything they can to prevent labor then yes delivery is your only option. But 34 weeks isn't bad. There will be minimal if any problems at all. Expect baby to be a little small and accept that he/she may not take to nursing right away. But give it a try anyway. You're both going to come out of this just fine. Hugs!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Mine was born at 34 weeks, she was 5 lbs 5 oz, but was in NICU for two weeks, due to other health problems, would have come home after a week but then was jaundiced. She's 2 and healthy now! But good luck!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• im 2cm an 80 percent effaced
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ummm... why do you think you are going to have her? I was 2cm at 31 weeks, and 3 cm 80% effaced at 33 weeks and I still didnt have my daughter until my induction!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• bc my doc said its best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009