I think I'm miscarrying..

My LMP was June 22nd 2009, I had an ultrasound on August 4th and by the medical wheel I should've been 6w2d, on the ultrasound, they saw nothing called it fetal demise and sent me to the ER. The ER told me I was indeed pregnant, just really early; they noted an anechoic sac in my endometrium. On August 14th I went to the ER because I was bleeding vaginally. They did an ultrasound and it said the gestational sac was still intact and that the baby had grown from a 2mm anechoic sac to a gestational sac with a 3mm yolk sac. Now, today, I'm cramping regularly and spotting a little bit.. They told me on the 15th it was a threatened miscarriage and could go either way. I took a pregnancy test which very quickly turned positive on Friday..

How long does it take the HcG to leave your system if you're miscarrying and what do you think about the situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had an ectopic pregnancy and after they removed it, I think it took me a week or more for my HCG level to go down.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh boy. I've had two and the first my hcg took three months to come down but that was because not everything passed. The second, it took 4 weeks to get to zero. Hang in there. The baby grew a little bit....did your hcg go up?? Did they test your progesterone level? My proges dropped with the pregnancy I have now and they started me on a supplement. I hope things work out for you. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• That sounds like a blighted ovum to me... has anybody mentioned that to you?

HCG levels will drop daily once the miscarriage starts until the hormone is completely gone
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My sister had a miscarriage about 6wks ago...and it took her levels 3 full weeks to leave her systems. (she had to have them checked every week until they were 0) they went from 2700 to 1 in 3wks.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Jaydin, no blighted ovum because the baby grew consistently on the ultrasound until tonight.

I've miscarried, thank you for your support.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 5:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2009