Anyone elses hubby out of state for work?

I'm so stressed. I have a 14 month old and a new baby thats almost a month old. And their Daddy is gone Mon-Fri for work. How in the world do you go to the store with TWO babies? How am I suppose to go to the laundry mat with them? Plus my youngest has his nights and days mixed up. And my older one cant fall asleep without touching my hand and he has night terrors.
Any advice or encouragement helps...

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 1:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yup, miilitary. Bring a few toys with your for the grocery cart. Put the baby in a front pack and the 14 month hold in the cart. if you have one of the shopping cart covers put special cart toys on it. Have a list and get it done. Wait until after a good nap and have snacks and drinks. First thing is good have breakfast in the cart. Running errand you just do it, and it gets easier as mention, try to find drive through places to assit with that. The laundry mate, get a play pen, put the oldest in the big part with some toys. Infant in the infant holder iwth an over the head toy. And do what you need as quickly as you can. IF there is a park or something you can do to while you wait, to durn off energy.. Get creative, you can do this, you are their monther. If you are ready to cry, get a babysitter or a young child to be around to help and run errand with you.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I used to go everywhere with my 2 and believe me, #2 was a pain in the ass baby. LOL
    I never took them grocery shopping at that age though because there wasn't enough room for kids and food. Take some crackers or whatever snacks your little one likes and a lovey or small toy. Don't expect your little ones to want to hang out at the mall for hours because it ain't gonna happen.
    It is a bit inconvienant getting them out and back in the car for every errand you do but thats just part of getting things done.
    As you do it more and more you will get used to it and you'll be a pro.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would save grocery shopping and laundry for when hubby is there. Get up as early as possible on Sat. and run out and do both. That way you still have the weekend. I would never take 2 to the laundromat.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes, mine is away, but the kids are older. I would get a sling and put the lo in that, leaving both hands free.
    Schedule-get 1 and stick to it. The kids are better when they know what to expect ( even the toddlers).
    Schedule in regular exercise, park time etc... in order to burn off excess energy.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009