AND I'M THE BAD MOM?!

I updated it, and for those of you who haven't already, I would love your opinion, please read this and let me know.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1520502/AND_I_M_THE_BAD_MOM

Do you think that it is better to be a stay at home parent and be broke and not be able to afford to do anything monetarily for your child, or do you think it is better to take your kid to day care while you work? Honestly.

Tiera12

Asked by Tiera12 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, that was rude.
    I think that Bexi was right, do what is best for your family. Don't let someone else treat you bad because of personal choices with your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I think as long as youre doing what's best for you and your family, then kudos to you!! A lot of moms now a days dont have the luxury of being able to stay at home. I HATE mommy wars!! We're all moms when it comes down to it, so what's the fuss? I think all moms (whether they are SAHM, working, WAHM, single, married, etc) should ALL be rewarded!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Would u stop already. This is stupid-no one cares!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I agree with BEXi. As long as the mother(and father) are making the best choice for their family, it shouldn't matter. Sometimes, the mothers paycheck only cover daycare and possibly enough for gas.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm going to stick with the same answer I gave HERE

She let you know once a year ago that she thought that someone else was raising your kid because you were going back to work.  She is not acting like you are a horrible parent for working and she is not bad mouthing you for working.

Again, you need to move on.  It really looks like you are second guessing yourself and really feeling guilty; therefore you are attacking your SAHM cousin to make yourself feel better...and hoping everyone else will do the same.

AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom but when it comes to providing for your children sitting at home won't do it unless u have a husband or bf who works. I enjoyed staying at home with my kids but when my SO's job wasn't enough for us I applied for jobs everywhere. I'm now enrolled in college and I clean an elderly lady's house for extra income so it all boils down to making sure your children are provided for. My personal opinion is women who stay at home and refuse to work knowing their children are going without things they need are bad moms. Putting your child in daycare isn't like handing her to someone else to raise her. They are simply babysitters in the form of a business. Your daughter will learn things and make friends. It's good to socialize your children. Otherwise how will they act when it's their first day of school?
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 2:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009