Can you have a miscarriage and not know it?

My period was three weeks late out of nowhere and for over a month I have felt soooo bad! Cramping, feeling sick, the whole shebang. We were convinced I was pregnant. Now here is my period back with a vengeance! It is awful! So much heavier than normal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• possible
    usually if you do it comes around the time you would have your period anyways. to not know you are having a miscarriage. statistics say that women have way more miscarriages than we actually know because we may not have known we were even pregnant and we start bleeding around the time of the next period.
    BUt it could be that you are having a miscarriage now. :(
    you could take a pregnancy test and if you were pregnant just recently it should still show up.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You can still take a test to find out- it takes hcg several weeks to leave your body after a m/c. It's also possible to have bleeding during pregnancy and not m/c- if you test and it's positive, talk to your doctor. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sounds like a miscarriage. I had the same symptoms back in April and when I went to the doctors she confirmed it as a chemical pregnancy. :(
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009