I'm getting....

An exercise bike, an older one, but still in good shape, my ex husband is giving it to me...are they pretty effective? I wanted an exercise I can do indoors, so all around how are they at helping you lose weight?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, they are. They're great for cardiovascular workouts, and cardio is proven to be the absolute best exercise to burn fat. I also read about a woman who lost over 100 pounds in a year just by simply riding her exercise bike and eating healthier. She started out only doing it a few minutes and worked up do doing it an hour a day because at first you will get too worn out if you haven't worked out in a while. Start out doing it 5 minutes (or however minutes you can do without it killing you, lol) then once that gets easy, maybe do 10 minutes...Then, after a while try to got NO LESS than 30 minutes a day. It will REALLY work if you do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• Anything that gets you active will work!

The #1 way to lose weight is to begin a food diary! Write down every thing you eat or drink and at what time.

Once you see what your daily intake is you will naturally begin to think more healthy and chose foods that are better for you. You will also notice what time of day you tend to snack or starve your self.

The other #1 way to lose weight quickly is to eat a healthy BREAKFAST! Fruit, a glass of milk, and some wheat toast will go a long way. Snack on healthy foods as well. Take a container of fruit or veggies and dip to work if you feel hungry before or after lunch.

Also stay positive. You will start to lose weight and then possiby gain for a week or two. Thats normal and healthy. It means your fat cells are turning into muscle. Muscle burns calories more quickly! So, it's actually a good thing.

If you have any further questions or just need a pep talk, let me k
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2009