Blurred Vision

I'm about 6 weeks along and my vision has become blurry over the last week or so. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm starting to lose my mind.

xxluvya

Asked by xxluvya at 2:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• About 10% of women's vision change while pregnant. My vision actually got a little better! It is temporary, so expect things to go back to normal after the baby.

Check with an optometrist.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Call your doc!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yeah my vision blurred when I was pregnant both times. They stayed blurred after my second baby, but I think it's just because I'm older now and need glasses. If your vision is EXTREMELY blurred, like WAY more than just a little, talk to your doctor. I was told by my OB not to get glasses until six weeks postpartum because my vision might change again.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It can be normal to have your vision change while pregnant, but I'd get it checked anyway, because it may not be pregnancy related. While pregnant with my last baby I noticed so blurry vision, but wrote it off as pregnancy related. It turns out I had (have) glaucoma in my left eye and because it was undiagnosed and untreated I've lost all the vision in my eye and will be having it removed in the next few months. So, while I'm not suggesting that's what's going on with you, I'd just suggest that you have an eye exam to rule out anything else or anything non-pregnancy related.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 6 weeks is pretty early to already have vision changes. Talk with your doctor about it. Blurred vision can also be a symptom of diabetes if your blood sugar gets too high.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm about six weeks, too and I've noticed it...I'm getting headaches...I called and set an appointment with the dr. for next week. :)
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 3:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009