Sooooo stressed....

Hi. I'm a mom of two young children and I am so stressed out. Welcome to the club, right? Currently my 3 year old and my 9 month old are both screaming their heads off in their beds. It's nap time and no one would cooperate so I decided to take them for a ride in the car to make it easier on all of us. They both fell asleep and woke up as soon as I brought them inside. Usually they'll stay asleep. I am ready to lose it today. I am so stressed out and can't deal with any more whining. I have reached my limit. I feel bad but I haven't had a lot of patience lately and I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• do what i used to do when my kids were younger...i call it a mommy timeout...put them in thier room, shut their door, then take a hot shower, or bath....that little time and relaxing time away was enough for me to collect my cool....in the long run its worth it cause its better than losing it! just make sure you TRY to find time to go out once in a while without the kids...even if its just once every two months...even mommies need a break!!!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm sorry. If they're in their rooms, and doors are closed...let the scream. It's not hurting them. That said, if you can, take a walk outside to the mailbox or walk around the house or yard. Get some fresh air, feel the sun on your face. Maybe find a magazine, owners manual, or book and sit outside and eat a late lunch or drink some tea. The point is to just take a break from being Mommy right now...like blueeyedgr12377 said...have a Mommy timeout! It'll give you time to calm down and feel like you, not Mommy. And try to leave the kids with Daddy or a friend regularly to give yourself time to be you. It'll help in the long run. " )
    dimplz125

Answer by dimplz125 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You could all nap together.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009