How many times have you been pulled over? What was it for? Did you get a ticket?

I got a speeding ticket yesterday. I went to my friend's bridal shower and was doing 70 in a 50 mph zone. In my defense, it's usually 65 mph but b/c it was raining it went down to 50mph. I've been pulled over a few times, but this is the first time I've been pulled over since I was 17. I'm usually much more careful, but I had a lot on my mind and wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Twice in 11 years. *knocks on wood*

Once at 2 am for having a broken tail light. I was driving home from a midnight movie and I think the officer wanted to see if I'd been drinking. (The theater was surrounded by bars on 3 sides. And no, not a drop of booze - cause I knew I had to drive.) He gave me a "fix-it" ticket after he leaned in the car to smell my breath and there wasn't any alcohol on me.

The second was because I forgot to turn my headlights on, on a "headlights required" section of highway. Truthfully, it was my fault. I knew it was a headlights required area and I honestly thought I had them on. I drove that stretch 2x a day every day for years. Just one day.... I must have not flipped them on. She made me turn them on to show her they worked and then let me go with a reminder.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• once, 12am going 60 in a 50 & i got a 260 dollar ticket. my first time ever gettin pulled over, asshole of a cop.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 2:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've been pulled over for speeding few times and have gotten tickets for it. the last time I got lucky because I was in my mom's car and her plates were expired. The cop could have towed it but he cut me some slack and let me take it. He did give me a ticket though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• never. hubbys been pulled over 3 times- 2 tickets- running a stop sign and speeding (77 in a 60)
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Twice. One time was for not wearing my seat belt. The second was for speeding. I have reformed my ways and have not been pulled over since 2000.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009