Medicaid dropped me from my insurance at almost 8 months pregnant...

I'm going to call today but i'm terrified of what they are going to tell me. I got notice saying that my coverage will end August 31st, 2009 and I have no idea why...

Is there a limit on how long I could use the insurance? I didn't think so, and where would I get coverage somewhere else being this pregnant? I'd have to switch all my doctors and my hospital....

I'm so stressed about this, I know I have to call but I've been putting it off because I don't know what they're going to tell me. I'm single with no income, i'm having a roommate move in next month and he has a good income, but that doesn't mean he's going to pay for me to get medical or anything, that's not a reason to drop me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what happened on their end, but I didn't call them and I got all my medical coupons in the mail on the 1st... So I don't know what that notice was about?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• oh dang...well you need to call them and ask why they dropped you...have you missed an appt or didnt give them all your info?(like stubs or anything?) since your pregnant you should be able to stay on there for your whole pregnancy and have 2months post pardom...so you better call to find out...i hope you get everything figured out!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• More then likely something got messed up and they put you on re-enstatement. All you have to do is call them and ask them what is going on and they should fix it. You might have to summit all the crap you do when you re-enstate.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would def call and see what happened.. More than likely they sent you a slip asking info about your pregnancy and it was recieved by you or returned.. that very much could be the cause.. Either way I hope and pray you get it resolved so that you and the baby can get the medical help needed Esp. at being 8 months pregnant.. I will be prayin for ya hun! Good luck
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• its possible you might have missed an appt with the state...if you miss any type of appointment or dont do thier follow up letters (its like an update they do every 3mo in my state) they terminate your care....dont be scared to call them....usually its something simple..when it happened to me it was cause they said they didnt recieve my rental info...turned out the DID have it and it was just shuffled in the paperwork...they fixed the problem immediately....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• chances are they had the wrong due date and dropped you because they are idiots you need to call them and figure it out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• reasons for them to drop you if you missed appt,didnt turn in all your papers they needed,income limit is over......id call them and ask.(sometimes well just but all the time they dont even know what theyre doing and half the time its their fault ive had my share deal with them messing things up for me)good luck i hope they arent dropping you and have an awesome delivery
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009