when u go to the beach.. with a small child

do alwys make sure there is a shower prior to getting in the car..my kid gets MESSY.very cute.. but messy... we went a couple of weeks ago. but where we went didnt have showers. my ds whom is two. got all muddy.. it was to cute..but being that im slighty anal i admi lol. i was getting panicked abt how dirty he was getting.. we rinsed him off in the ocean.. then dressed him. he was not clean.. but i guess not muddy.. when we got home of course i gave him a bath.. but here is the issue./ we live like almst an Hour a way from the Beach.. so thats kinda of Long time to be in the car seat all gross.. mybe im overthinking/ i knw i am! lol but we are going tommrow.. mybe we shoud find a beach with showers..or bring some bottled water rinse him off... normlly these things give me aniexty but im stepping out for my little guy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How gross can he get at the beach? He's a kid! Let him get dirty! It's only beach sand and water, as long as he takes a bath when he gets home, I think he'll live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Bring a large towel and cover the seat with it. I thought about the bottle of water, too- maybe some gallon jugs, but just protecting your car would be easier.

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I just rinse the sand off in the water, carrying him back to the blanket, dry him and put clean clothes on him. The beach is 30-40 minutes away, he gets a bath that night (or else his schedule gets messed up).
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• we dont have ANY beaches near us that have showers...we even have about mmm....FIVE different ones (i live on the east coast)... so i had to learn to deal with it...i wasnt about to cut back on my kids funtime for my own problem....just made sure i brought a change of clothes and covered thier carseat...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Paranoid much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It's just sand - what's the big deal?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009