For all SAHM's...If/when all of your kids are in school fulltime, would you continue to stay at home and not go to work, or would you find a job?

Just Curious! I used to want to stay home all the time after the kids are in school fulltime, but, now I think I would become too bored. I would probably have to get something part time just to get out of the house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The plan right now is for me to stay at home unil hte youngest starts school. Then I will go to work PT. I still want to be able to take them to school and pick them up. We will see if I find something that flexible! Since we only have one child and dont plan on trying for another one until he is at least 2 (14 mths old now) I have a while to figure it out. Not even sure how many kids we want yet!! Im hoping my hubby is making enough for me to stay at home for good. I love the idea of being involved in my children's school and being available whenever I am needed. Also, I love having the house clean and a great dinner ready when my husbnd gets home. Guess im old fashioned that way.
    JSWeible

Answer by JSWeible at 8:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would love to go back to work but I would want to be there to take them to school and pick them up.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Once in school, yes I'd like to start working again. Even if it's just a PT job! It would be nice to help out financially again, plus I'd have something to do lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I plan on starting online school soon and then when my kids are in school full time I will finsh my degree so that I can work. I dont really see the point in staying at home when my kids are in school and I would like to work so that my husband could start his own business as a mechanic. We will see how things work out but I definatly plan on working, I would go crazy in the house all day by myself.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I want to be working before my youngest goes to school. I am a SAHM because nobody has called back on apps and I have no way there. Hubby has the car all day about 45 minutes from our house.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My kids are in 1st and 2nd grades and one still home. Now I am thinking to get a part-time job after the last going 1st grade so it's gonna be another 2 years. Well, or I may start a home business or go back to school, who knows?
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Im planing on being a sham. Im 38wks now with my first, but when she starts going to school, I plan on working again. Im currently finishing college. so by the time she starts I should have only a year left so I can do intrenship
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't plan to ever go back to work. Once my child is in school, I will still be involved in helping out the class and in the PTO. I want to keep myself available no matter what.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I cant wait to go back to work! being a stay at home mom is so utterly boring to me, you can only clean so much. So i look forward to when i can go back into the work force, earn my own money in turn making life better for our children. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm going to finish up my educational goals, and if my husband is still doing what he is doing, then I probably will not be working outside the home. I think that it would be unfair to our children to have two parents with demanding work schedules if it isn't necessary. I will be very busy with PTA, community volunteering, and extra curriculars for the kiddos.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 3:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009