Baby Cries?

I have a 2 week old son, and I'm noticing the last few days whenever he sleeps he will cry out in his sleep. He never wakes up but his cries are always short, sharp and high pitched. Do babies get nightmares that young or could this be gas? Anyone else have a baby that does this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everyone wakes when moving from different stages of sleep. Adults and older children are used to it and go right back to sleep. Infants, are not. So you'll hear this through out the night. As they get older they will learn to sleep through it or to go back to sleep. Some may need some help such as a back rub to comfort them, t hough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my daughters still do this and one is almost 3 and the other is 10 mths i think its just nightmares......
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 3:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009