What could happen if the USA goes completely broke?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• arent we already in really bad debt?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What do you think? USA would become like third or fouth world countries...
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 2:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Mass Chaos! We'd all be screwed, imagine the banks systems going corrupt too! There would be a lot of violence, and I would not want to be living here, I'd get some guns and ammo and dare someone to threaten my family and our resources!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• What lala land are you living in?? America is already is debt by 1 trillion dollars (that's right, TRILLION).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• uhhh... Mommarox... that sounds like modern day America.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 by: Anonymous
    What lala land are you living in?? America is already is debt by 1 trillion dollars (that's right, TRILLION).
    _________
    By 2019 we will be in debt 10 Trillion! Oh yeah Obama made a boo boo and instead of 7 trillion moved it up to 10!

If the country goes bankrupt all systems will fall, I would not be surprised if we ended up being attacked and taken over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Things can get a lot worse, I understand what MommaRox is saying, we could be hinting for our own food or the whole usa could be attacking it'self and everything and people's houses are in flames.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I believe technically we are broke. :) But just like a family that lives paycheck to paycheck, there are opprotunities to dig out, and we are. Now, if they would just give small businesses and mid size businesses a big ole tax break we would be doing even better. Stupid big business and their stupid big lobby.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Anon 3:01, I understand what you are saying, but there are a few articles out today about the TARP funds being paid back and they are rolling back the estimates of the 2019 debt. foxnews.com.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• * urkiddingright
    I saw that, for a second today. I thought they said it was from the Bush stimulus... was that right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009