(not a bashing post -- if it turns to b i will close it) those of u on PA ; does your state offer a training program,or schooling,for nursing or medical billing,etc?

if so , what is it called? ... ours is located in the wic building , but i cant think of the name. also if u went what was it like? i want info on this but dk what to ask for

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Money & Work

• I AM NOT SURE BUT WE DO HAVE TRAINING PROGRAMS FOR THEM JUST DONT THINK THEY ARE THRU PA. BUT YOU CAN CALL YOUR LOCAL READ CROSS WHO OFFERS CNA TRAINING THEY DONT ADVERTISE IT WHICH I THINK THEY SHOULD BUT THEY HAVE FINANCIAL AID AND I THINK THE CLASS IS AROUND 800$ BUT I AM NOT TOO ENTIRELY POSITIVE.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 3:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Do you mean ASPIRE? They help you find a job, training and child care. The letters stand for something but I forget what.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 3:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• We have Career Link... But it's hard to get in to and they don't really train you to do any real skills, just how to interview and that kind of thing... Resume Building mostly.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It was well over 10 yrs ago but Ohio had a JOBS program (pretty sure that was what it was called, my case worker was my jobs worker,) Truthfully though, I didnt ask for anything, I was in there, had already enrolled and was attending nursing school and I told my worker that I had all the grant money except for like 2 grand and her answer was "dont worry about it, we have a program" So, I think you just have to tell your worker what you want to accomplish, they dont seem to offer but will help if you ask.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 6:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• That is amazing! In Illnois, they will take away unemployment compensation if you attend school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• In Indiana they call it IMPACT! I hear it's an awesome program. They give you job training, bus passes, heck they will even pay to get your car fixed if thats why you cant get to work. Plus, they send you to classes to learn how to write a resume and interview well!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 10:13 PM on Sep. 5, 2009