Why does it hurt?

For the past couple of days,I have been noticing that the back of my head hurts really bad all the time! I have no idea what made this happen. I kind of think it may be...my hair. Is it possible? Its really long and I havent cut it going on 3 yrs. I can wear it up or down and I still feel the same, so I dont know if it is that or not. I havent bumped into anything or got hit or anything like that. Any suggestions?

Skurvy

Asked by Skurvy at 3:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• I've heard that it's really possible to get headaches over really long hair. As a matter of fact my friend's dad told us that back in the 60's when we were growing our hair really long. We just thought he was joking but found out he was telling the truth. Consider cutting some of it and donating it to something like Locks of Love (locksoflove.org) to help girls with conditions that make them bald. You know how much hair means to you. It would mean even more to a teen who has none. My dd, grandson and I have been growing our hair and donating it for yrs. You will get a blessing and maybe your headaches will go away as well!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Hm how about buying one of those big clips and swirling it buy the roots not tight though and then putting it up, it will take weight off your head
    Mommy2babie

Answer by Mommy2babie at 3:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Crystal gail had major headaches until she cut her hair, so it could be, headaches are hard. It could be from stress, not drinking enough water, to any number of things. I think if you havent cut your hair is 3 years and its really long you would have had headaches before now, not saying its not your hair but is something going on, more stress, chemicals, etc..in your life that was not there a week ago.

I have a headache everyday of my life, not due to stress, dehydration etc..I have had CTscans and an MRI and no one can tell me the cause or cure, so after 21 years, I just learn to deal. I hope you find out what is causing them.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009