which is eaiser to learn?

I want to find a hobby and I am looking into knitting or crochet which is eaiser to learn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I can't tell you which one is easier, I am knitting and it's pretty easy once you got the hang of it.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• did you pick it up pretty fast? or does it take a while?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My mom showed me. It took maybe 10 minutes of her showing and telling me about it. I did my first scarf in 3 days. I like to use thick needles, makes it look not so oldfashioned.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I knit, but I don't know how to crochet. I think knitting's pretty easy. I'm self taught and a decent knitter.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I do both. I thought crocheting was easier to pick up and I think projects progress faster but knitting has all those neat looking stitches.....

I also loom knit and that is faster than knitting with needles, and VERY easy to learn. My kids do it.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've been crocheting for over 30 years, have never been able to learn how to knit, so I guess I would say crochet. LOL
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I learned to knit first (from a book) and then taught myself to crochet the next summer. I think I picked up crocheting a lot faster but maybe that's because I already knew how to knit.
    Crocheting is quicker when finishing a project but I love the look of knit things so I switch between them. I mostly crochet afghans and small toys for the kids and knit sweaters and hats.
    They are both fun to do and relatively inexpensive (if you stay away from the pricey yarns).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009