Why did I get this little bump on the tip of my tongue?

It's like one of my taste buds are swollen...it only feels sore and looks alittle red.

What causes this and how do I treat it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• I've had that happen, I don't know exactly how I did it, but rinse mouth out with warm salt water!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I get them pretty often!
    It always happens to me when I eat something that's too hot. They will go away again after a few days.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 3:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It's happened to me a few times and they go away on their own. Usually for me it's on the side though.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've always heard they are acid bumps. Don't eat or drink acidic foods (coffee, tomatoes) and see if that helps. I rinse my mouth out with warm salt water or swish my mouth with glyoxide

Answer by admckenzie at 3:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It sounds like a pimple. It is common to get them when you are fighting a viral infection

Answer by rkoloms at 11:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• wow really.i always wanted to know what it was..i have the same thing on my tongue and it has been there for a LONG time!! i mean a LONG time..i wanna say few months....at first it bothered me..and i would try to bit it off and everything but then it would start to hurt...but now ive gotten so used to it that it doesnt bother me...and til i scratch it wit my teeth and then it bugs me...i always wondered how i got it....and its still there too!!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 1, 2009