Understand the new families of today and how do we teach our kids family

My husband placed a question on this site pretending to be me

belline

Asked by belline at 3:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry you got responses like that! that's horrible. I am a stepmom, but i might as well have given birth to my boys. Oprah Winfrey once said something like "biology is the LEAST of what makes someone a mother".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• cont..

I was not raised that because your not blood that you are not a part of the family... My grandfather was married 3 time (do to deaths of my grandmother and step, with his current still living) He taught us that everyone is welcome into his home and is part of his family, So when I divorce my ex and remarried, he and my family opened there doors to him and his children. My grandfather died 2 yrs ago and to this day my step grandmother is still a large part of me and my grand kids.

What are we teaching our kids with the changing ways and divorce so common?

What do we want them to learn by our mistakes
    belline

Answer by belline at 3:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• cont
    I want mine to know that I may not be married to there father and he is still a big part of there lives, and that when I remarried opened the door to a step dad, and family... and now they have a new step mother and guess yes I do not like her one bit, but I will never show them that.... There will be many people in our paths we will dislike, how do we want to teach our children to handle someone in the world when we cant ever teach them to be a family...
    belline

• A parent is a mother or father; one who sires or gives birth to

.....................and/or nurtures and raises an offspring..............
    belline

Answer by belline at 3:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm trying to make sure I understand you. You were not invited to be in the pic with your step-daughter? Or your DH took a pic with his ex and kids and you were left out? Or you got cut out?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009