So ladies how do you keep up with yourselves as far as ur looks if ur a sahm?

Do you ever feel ugly when you are at home well for one I am a sahm and I pretty much do whatever any mommy/wife does.

The other day we had to go visit a friend at the hosptial and I got all dolled up I tried to tone it down but it has been so long since I have worn makeup I forget...lol

Anyway my dh says WOW! we are only going to the hospital...I just smiled and said well did I over do it he says no you look beautiful...I said should I change ( I had a decent blouse on with some capri pants and flip flops) He says NO let's go but he said all this in a good way.
It made me feel good and special.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My cure to this is HOT FRIDAYS.
    Every Friday, no matter if I am leaving the house or not I get all dressed up, including makeup and heels and just enjoy the feeling of it.

I wish I could claim it as my idea but I actually read it in someone's post here on the 'mom a few years ago. It has stuck ever since. So much so that other mom's at my kids school are like, "Why are you so dre.... oh! That's right! It is HOT FRIDAY!"

Needless to say, my hubby totally digs it, too.
    :-)
    itchyWings

Answer by itchyWings at 3:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Oh itchyWings....that is a wonderful idea! I really need to do that. I am a sahm/mawmaw, I never get dressed up anymore, never even put on makeup or fix my hair! I could really use a day like that!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• HOT FRIDAYS, that's my M.O. too.
    Yes, I feel like a troll sometimes despite the workouts, laser and hair dye. It's just aging and I need to accept it! It's good to get dolled up once in a while to remind you that you're still a human.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• this seems like too much work for a Friday lol.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:59 AM on Sep. 1, 2009