has anyone had to deal with child protective services?

my 5 month old was taken by cps and i need to get him back..please help me..

nikigrabarec

Asked by nikigrabarec at 3:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Need more info
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• need more info... Why did they remove your baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• why was he taken?
    can not give advice if do not kow what happened
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sorry to here that, but from what I've seen, children often times are not taken for no reason. Could you possibly give us a little more information?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• They should have or very soon will give you a list of things you need to accomplish before you can get him back. Do these things and do them quickly. The more you cooperate at doing what is recommended of you, the more smoothly this will go.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• my sister went through a lot with CPS (here its DCF) when she was preg with her now 2 year old. They never removed the children from the home, but she had to go through all sorts of BS and submit to counseling and drug tests and all sorts of home invasions in order to keep her kids. If you'd like some help, PM me.. I'm pretty well versed when it comes to CPS, and resources to help you get your child back.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Since you're being vague, I can only offer some advice. Obviously, stop doing, or don't do again whatever it was that caused them to get involved. Find out what you need to do to regain custody. Then do it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Do exactly what the say. Go above and beyond that as well. If they removed her for a dirty house than make sure that place is sparkling ALL the time. If they removed her for drugs or achohol then get involved in a program. Go the extra step. If they took her for abuse submit to anger management. Also I would get going on a parenting class IMMEDIATELY. And if wouldn't hurt to get into counceling. If for no other reason than having your child taken away is tough to deal with even when it's a simple reason.
    I'd be able to give you more advice but with no other info....
    PS My MIL has worked for CPS for YEARS. (No she's not the one who removes the children).
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009