Get me out of the house!

Any ideas on cheap/free things to go do with my kids? I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old and I am looking for things to do to get us out of the house. I need a change!

MamaApril2

Asked by MamaApril2 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• check your mall... and surrounding malls. they often have free indoor play areas. just bring your hand sanitizer!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• We LOVE to explore new playgrounds.... different cities and neighborhoods have much different stuff. and duhhh library! books can even get old.... shop around for a library with STUFF like story time, crafts, zoomobile, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Any museums around? It's never too early to start, just don't stay all day! Teach your children proper behavior, leave when it's too much!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You can always check the parks and recreation for your city to see if there's any free concerts or activities coming up. By us, one of the parks offers a weekly concert series in the late afternoons. There's an organization in our area that hosts free family movie night during the summer. We're kind of new to our area, so we're checking out biking trails and since it's blackberry season, taking tuperware bowls with to pick berries. The library may have toddler and preschool times for stories and crafts... If you have any city or public gardens, you can walk through them...we have a rose garden in town...it smells so good and it's a great place to snap pics of the kids!

Good luck and happy adventuring!
    dimplz125

Answer by dimplz125 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• parks, libraries, museums, farmers markets, neighborhood festivals, ethnic neighborhoods and festivals, etc.

if you are in the Chicago metro area, contact me offlist and I will forward a list of free activities to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009