just curious?

My dh beat me up a couple of weeks ago and it's the 3rd time he done it. Well this time i took pics of my bruises on my phone. Now even though i didnt call the cops then since i have the pics could i use them against him if we end up getting divorced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• Call your local Abused Persons Program run by your state.

Leave him.

Been there, done that, life is now beautiful.

Do it before you can't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• why are you still this guy
    you KNOW he will do it again
    and the next time could be the last

seek professional help=call an abuse center in your area, you can be anon until you are really ready to get the help you so desperately need
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Not sure if you could use the pics or not, but you really need to make a police report, that could be used against him. If this is the third time he's done this, you KNOW now that it's not going to stop, and it will get worse. I really hope you have left him this time!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why the hell didn't you call the cops the first time?
    I'm sorry but honey, what are you waiting for? until he hits you so hard you black out? Or until he rapes you? Or until you wind up in hospital in a coma?

Do yourself a favour and go to the cops now, bring your photos and arrange to stay at a relatives house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yes but call a domestic violence shelter and get a file started.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Your pictures will make the biggest influence right away. It is strong proof to give right away but over time I think it might just cause you more trouble. I would use them right away or get rid of them. What would he do if he saw them on your phone. Don't you think he might get the idea you might try to use them? I know you love him and do not want to harm him in any way including reputation, but you have to know you deserve better treatment.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes. Make sure that you get them printed and put them some place where he is not going to find them. This might provoke another beating. Next, I would write down every time he said something abusive to you or threatened you and definitely every time he hit you. Even if he says he's playing make sure you document it. I would also get some money together and keep it hidden from him. The abuse is only likely to get worse and you need to save the money so you can get out. Your DH is abusive, and I would not wait until he does it again, I would get out now and get help. I hope everything goes well for you. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009