What should I do about the bullies at my doctors office?

They use alot of people to intimidate me.When the nurse walks me to weigh me in,there's always another nusre in the way,trying to block me from my room or they come in the same time I'm walking by this has happened twice,so they know this is a tried a true tactic.They use to follow me out the door to my car and yell things out to me,but I just kept walking and it hasn't happened since.Bullying is real and just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't exist.I need support not ridicule right now,so if you know something that I can do to help ,please say so,thankyou.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Health

• been there.Just ignore or change out of that office. Most of those women are twice or three times divorced pill popping angry women. Yeah they also got their degree in some run down z list business school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• WTF?????????? need more info but the 1st thought is of course get a new dr's office. I'd be happy to help u find one... I am great with that kinda thing
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I know bullying does exist, and I feel so bad for you. I can't believe this would happen at a dr's office and by the nurses there! That is terrible! You could start with the office manager maybe, talk to them and tell them what is happening and how you are feeling. If that doesn't get you anywhere go straight to the dr. I hope you can get this straightened out, this shouldn't happen in a dr's office! GL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I told my doctor about it today,I was wondering if I should of done that or not, but if I didn't say anything it could keep happening.Now,the nurses will know maybe that I'm a wimp and I can't stand up to all [about 5] of them but I think their the wimps they have to fight me with so many others.Well they are getting me back because I screamed at them a while back and told them off,so they are just proving to me that, they are still in control.I didn't scream at the nurses or was I at the doctors office,this happened somewhere else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Umm, change doctors?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why would the nurses at a doctor's office have any reason at all to bully you?

I just don't get it?!?!?!?!?
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am very puzzled myself. U can file a complaint against a dr. for nearly anything but I don't think u can do anything about a nurse unless they've crossed some serious line and u have proof.

soooo.... bring a witness? or.... find a new clinic, seriously.

or... when u call and make yer next appt. say "Nurse Sally, Nurse Judy, Nurse Mary and the tall nurse with the red hair all make me very uneasy. Please schedule me on a day when someone else can assist me"
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why are you still at that doctor's office? I would be filing a complaint with the head of the clinic or doctors office and I would definately be changing doctor's ASAP. There is no reason why anyone should be bullying you in a doctor's office.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• we might be able to offer more helpful advice if u shared a little more. it's a pretty bizarre situation!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Why are they bullying you? I would absolutely tell the doctor and let him know that you will be switching doctors because of the completely lack of professionalism by his staff.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2009