Did you dye your hair while pregnant or do you think it is safe?

I dyed my hair a few time with my first pregnancy and had no problems but now I am reading it is somewhat unsafe according to some. I have dyed my hair for about 10 weeks now and it is driving me nuts. Just wanted some input!
Thanks!

Jaxonsmom

Asked by Jaxonsmom at 3:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dye mines for my baby shower and my baby its pretty healthy I think you shouldn't dye it in your first 4 months of pregnancy....
    MommyOfJayden23

Answer by MommyOfJayden23 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I worked in a salon, and it is safe. It wasnt in the 60's and 70's because of a chemical that was in the dye but now it is perfectly safe
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• After the first 12 weeks you'll be just fine. And even at that the risk to the baby is so minimal that I wouldn't worry about it. Especially with one baby who came out just fine.
    I would either have a professional do it OR I would use the garnier frutis brand it's a little bit more natual.

So go treat yourself to a spa day momma!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I want to dye mine so bad, but my thinking is better safe than sorry. I would definitly go to a salon and have them use a vegetable based dye if you do decide to do it
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• dyeing your hair is fine as long as you are in a well ventilated area. like PP said it was in the 60's and 70's that it wasn't safe to do. so go ahead dye your hair have fun while you can!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i dyed my hair when i hit the 2nd trimester bcuz thats when my doc said it was safe to...and my daughter was just fine.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009