My husband wants all my salary?

I get pay $375 a week in my office job at a driving school I give him $250 to put in the bank account for the month bills like (water,light,cable etc) He pays the rent and other household needs,we started a fight because he wants me to give him $300 and for me to just keep $75 dollars and I have to buy my week metro card for the subway that's $27 am going to stay with $48 is not fair for my opinion is to much because am already giving him $1200 a month to cover our the bills am just keeping $125 for things I have to do I need your opinion am I doing wrong on not giving him $300 or his just being selfish with that because he work as a taxi driver and he gets more then me what should i do or tell him I dont really know what to do right now please some advice????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• I am sorry about the situation. I do not have advice because we handle our finances different. We put all of both pay checks in the bank. We do not have his and her money. It is all ours. When we need money, we get it out.
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My advice is to quit thinking of the money as "yours" and "his."
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Do you guys have a joint checking account? Do you have access to it? Are you guys really tight on money and whatever he makes and you make go to the bills? If this is the case I say you keep the money. It's not like your going shopping or getting your nails done with that money.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Both your checks should go into the bank together. Too many problems arise when people think of money as "mine" and "yours". He should not be telling you how much he wants you to give him. That sends up a red flag.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• We pool all money and just take what we need. I pay bills from the common checking account.

Answer by Bmat at 3:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You guys would put all of what BOTH of you make in to it. Pay your bills first and the spilt the rest down the center. You're both working equally hard (unless one of you has 3 jobs) you both deserve to have your perks.
    Why is he handling all the bill money himself? It will resolve ALOT of problems if you both handle it together. That's part of marriage.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• In my house hubby puts all his check in the bank, I work as a waitress on the weekends and that money goes for gas in both our cars..I am a full time student during the week. The money I make also is his money for the upcoming week and part of it is my money for the upcoming week. It works for us. When I did work fulltime all of my check went in the back with his, and everything we needed, bills, gas, food etc. came out of the account. We may play around and say my money or his money but it is both of ours.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• in our home all his money goes to our bills. i put in extra of my money that i get from child support to pay our bills if we come up short. i use only my money to buy for my kids and myself. i also give my husband an allowance for the wk. as he tends to spend money on anything and everything. we rarely fight over the money cause it was agreed before we married that i would handle it all. i think if your husband is the only one doing the bills he would have a better idea of what is needed to cover your monhtly expenses and for saving. i would meet him half way. if he wants $50 more just tell him you'll give him $25 more. i would then as to see the billing. i don't like thinking that he would just spend on whatever and you don't see. my husband can look into our accounts and he knows where his money is going. so he has no issues. i often tell him what i bought or what we need. sadly though i still do most of the sacrifice.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You definitely need to stopping thinking of it as "mine" and "yours". We pool all of our money in one account. We have a budget...line by line for every item. We each have a personal spending budget to do things like nails, hair, or motorcycles, etc. for my dh. Things like your metro ticket would be in a transportation category, along with fuel for the car, etc. There's also categories for birthdays, Christmas, groceries, house payments, savings, etc. If you can write out everything you spend money on, and agree how much to put towards each thing, and have ONE account that you pull the money from, it eliminates fights about money. It works great for us!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 4:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• We have 3 accounts 1 for the money he makes that I pay everything with. Then my check goes into my bank account for the house payment which is roughly what you are giving him a month 1200.00 so I have about 700.00 left over that I keep some to pay the house payment in the summer when I'm not working. The other bank account his va check goes into and since he loves snap on tools he takes the money out of that acct only to buy tools. So I would say I'd look at the finances since you are giving him alot of money and see if the bills are all that high. It sounds pretty fishy to me.You need more of a say in the bill paying department so you know where your money is going. I'd keep what you are right now and not give him anymore unless he can justify why he needs it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009