Third Labor....

Im about 4 weeks from delivering my third baby. Im curious what your third labor was like in comparrison to the other two. I know all labors and deliveries are different and for every women they are too but Im having some anxiety since my first was 5 hours from start to finish and my 2nd was was 3!!! I dont want to be unprepared and Im not sure what to do to get to the hospital 15 min. away with both kids if my husband is working...getting really nervous! Thanks ladies.

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 3:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just set it up where a neighbor can take your kids if you have to go in immediately. I'd also prepare a specially first aid kit that has everything you need to actually have the baby delivered safely. (just in case)

All of my boys were induced so I can't really give you accurate advice with that. (Labor just wouldn't start I was over 4 cm dialated with all before they decided to induce.)

Good Luck! You'll do great!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I understand your anxiety. My first labor was 2 hours and my second was 1 hour. I was induced with cervidil with my 3rd and it's a good thing I stayed in the hospital for that. I woke up in labor and when my doctor checked me I was 9cm dialated. Less then 5 minutes later my water broke and my daughter was born. It happened so fast my doctor wasn't even ready to catch the baby and she was born on the bed. I had to tell my doctor the baby was out. lol I'm 3 weeks away from my due date with my 4th baby and I'm scared I'm going to end up having a home birth.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 8:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009