Third Labor....

Im about 4 weeks from delivering my third baby. Im curious what your third labor was like in comparrison to the other two. I know all labors and deliveries are different and for every women they are too but Im having some anxiety since my first was 5 hours from start to finish and my 2nd was was 3!!! I dont want to be unprepared and Im not sure what to do to get to the hospital 15 min. away with both kids if my husband is working...getting really nervous! Thanks ladies.

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 3:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first was less than 3 hours from the onset of labor to the delivery, my second was induced..they were scared I wouldnt make it to the hospital LOL, so she was 3 hours also with the induction, my third was very rough, he was the smallest of all the babys but the most painful and the longest labor, I went to the hospital at around 7 pm and had him at 1:05 am,, he was sunny side up and I had terrible back labor that the epidural didnt even touch.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You should talk to the neighbors or something about if there is an emergency can you call them and have them take you or watch the kids. My third labor was faster than the previous two but it just depends on your body, the position of the baby and all sorts of stuff like that. My last baby was "in the right position" but she really wasent and she took longer to have than my 2nd and 3rd. She was born sunnyside up! I couldnt get her out and I needed help. I am a fast pusher too and was not used to taking longer than 10 min to push the baby out! So it all just depends!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 3:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Our 3rd came really fast! I went into labor at home, not knowing, around 6am. I walked around our house having contractions, but I had braxton hicks contractions for so long I just thought that's what it was. Well around 8am I called a girlfriend and asked her if I should go in,lol. She just laughed and said "get your butt in to the hospital". So I finally got there at 9:25 and had him at 9:45. I was dilated to 10 when I got there. It was a fast and easy delivery. Just don't wait at home like I did, I thought I was going to have him in the car,lol... CONGRATS!!! 3's a very good number!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well got to the hospital at 11:00 am and had him in my arms right at Noon
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009