Are you afraid?

Are any of you afraid to take over the counter diet pills now with Hydroxycut and Alli being linked to liver and kidney failure? I don't think I'll ever take another diet pill again!

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm more scared of the anal seepage that comes with Alli. Luckily, I don't need to lose weight.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i dont take diet pills...iv read too many articles on them and know how damaging to your body they are.
    Dazey18

Answer by Dazey18 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i never thought any diet pill was safe. although like first poster i have no need to lose weight and never had a problem with weight gain accept that i can't. my mother does it the natural way and when she sticks to it she really loses a lot. she travels though so it's hard to maintain her diet cause she likes to try the food in the regions that she travels too. she lost close to 20 pounds in just a 6 wks. her mexican dr put her on the diet. he has been successful in helping lots of women loose weight. you'd have to take a lot of pineapple.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yikes, no, I will stick to the old fashioned way, eat right and exercise. I'm not perfect but I don't need diet pills to stay thin. Those and the surgery are too drastic for me.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't take diet pills, they all scare me.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I never take them because I don't trust them.  Think about it, if they actually worked there wouldn't be any over weight people!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I miss the ones they banned actually. I took them for years & never had a problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Unfortunately, I've learned my lesson with diet pills. I took them from the time I was 17 and on up, and by the time I was 19, I had developed an arrhythmia and started having panic/anxiety attacks a lot. I kept going to the ER because I thought I was having a heart attack. I took Hydroxycut for awhile after that, but I quit when I was 19, almost 20, because I was pregnant. I haven't taken any since then, except for once, and I wound up having a panic attack again. No more for me! :)
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I am also more scared of pooping all over myself if I try Alli! Think I'll give exercise a shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• anytime i want to stop exercising and go the easy way, I read the side effects on those bottles. hmmm....anal seepage, or an hour on the elliptical? that's a toughie...lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009