What's it like having your first baby?

Any words of wisdom?

I'm not excited at all... I have no idea what to expect. And yes i've read the what to expect when you're expecting cover to cover.

It's gonna pee and poop and scream and cry. That much I know.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol i was the same as the above poster. just ignore mandielynn's stupidity. she shouldn't post if she is just lookin' to upset someone... as far as ur question.. i've never been around kids.. never really pictured myself a mother.. last year decided i wanted one outta the blue.. and here i am 25 weeks pregnant. and yah your baby will pee and poop a lot.. and need ur full attention..but u will also get the baby's full attention. and smiled at. and loved. and i'm sure the good will out weigh the bad! good luck with ur pregnancy and remember the moment u realize that ur baby is the most amazing thing in the world!! cuz i'm sure u'll witness that!
    burr_and_e

Answer by burr_and_e at 5:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It is also going to be the best thing in the world! :-)
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It was very scary for me. I had never been around newborns and my DH only got to take off 4 days so I was by myself ALOT. I must say that I was very tired, and don't remember most of the details from day to day but I do recall getting out of the shower and picking up my DS out of his bouncer that was in the bathroom and walking into my hallway and passing out. I landed on my back luckily and DS wasn't hurt, but it scared me alot. I had low blood sugar and didn't know.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I loved it! I had a VERY good newborn, she slept long hours from the very beginning. The only hard thing for us was being in the hospital. Granted, the hospital is great, no nursery, the babies stay with the moms (unless they need to go to NICU) and I loved that part. But the nurses would come in every hour and check on us, which I really hated. They would wake up the baby in the middle of the night, it was really hard. The hospital was definately the hardest part, and after we got her home, it was like a dream. We slept a LOT, I was the same as jenree33, where I was alone most of the time, but it didn't bother me much, it just gave us more time to bond. It was actually pretty boring after the first few weeks being home because she slept a lot, and that was about all she did! I would prefer to take maternaty leave now that she is 15 months old, it would be more fun!!! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "it"? really? are you completely heartless? your baby is a human being not an "it". hopefully after you meet him or her and experience the miracle of birth your maternal instinct will kick in (if you have one at all). try not to be so negative, all the wonderful things outweigh the bad things by far. if you don't want your baby you should consider adoption so someone who can't have kids will show him/her the love he/she needs.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "It" referring to having the first baby. Not the baby HERSELF. Idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "IT'S GONNA PEE AND..." how about "the baby is gonna pee and..."
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• obviously you didn't read the whole Q
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It was an awesome but scary time. I had no experience with babies but my mom was so wonderful. She took time off work and stayed with us during the daytime the first few days after we got out of the hospital. DH had to go back to work when we got home so I really loved her help and advice. The first part is filled with the baby sleeping, crying, pooping, peeing and eating. The sweetest times for me were when I held him as he slept. I'll remember that for the rest of my life.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I really hope that you never once slipped while you were pregnant and called your baby an "it" if you haven't then your the best mom ever.. *rolls eyes* i'm pretty sure EVERY expectant mother at one point called their unborn baby an "it".

I had a nickname for my son because I didn't like calling it an it.. but when I did call him an it.. did that mean I didn't love him anyless or that I was going to be a crappy mom? NO
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009