should I plan our anniversary or insist that my hsuband plan it?

my husband use to be soooo romantic and plan our anniversary etc. I have been planning them these past years and I miss that from him. I tend to wait last minute hoping that he may having something up his sleeve, but it just doesn't happen. I think he gets discouraged because of financial stress etc. Also, last year we had major marital problems, so our anniversary was a disaster! the worst date I ever had in my life!!! So, I have a few ideas of what we could do, but if my husband planned it like he use to it would mean a lot to me that he made the effort from his heart. I told him that I wish he would plan it, but he was kind of hesistant about it... so I just do it?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• if you want something that you're going to like, do it yourself. he's probably afraid he'll do something wrong and upset you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Maybe a compromise..plan it together? Good luck.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think its that. Last year we went out to dinner by default, we waited too liong and he was not into even celebrating our anniversary. It wasn't going out to dinner that was bad, it was our conversation that was horrible. Every anniversary, or date for that matter was really good... he's good at planning romantic things, and thats really what I miss.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Men are odd creatures. When stress kicks in romance goes out the door. Men also tend to stress about all the things we do like rent, groceries the electric bill...but added for a lot of them is this overwhelming sense of providing for their family. When that is struggling they feel like failures and take it out on themselves. By that I mean..some get deprtessed and othjers just don't think they deserve the relationship. Lastly, if you want it..plan it. Make some really romantic plans and tell him how much you appreciate everything he does. Feeling appreciated goes a long way in romance.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ok thanks :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• ask him

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Aug. 31, 2009