What would you do ?

If your child saw you taking medication and insisted that instead of taking it by mouth you put it up your nose and when you ask what they are talking about they respond with "Like daddy did with his medicine"

Would you not think he witnessed someone doing drugs?

KalebsMommee

Asked by KalebsMommee at 4:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• Or Zycam?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes, I would think that is what he witnessed and I would be confronting daddy. If he was living with me, he would be in rehab or have divorce papers served to him. If he lived away from me, my son would NOT be going to see him. Daddy can come to my house and see my son under supervision. I would be in court for an emergency custody hearing to have the visitation changed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes I would!!
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yea and I would ask the child a few more questions. Does your husband have a history of drug use? I mean the kids right out said he saw daddy do that. You can buy OTC drug tests. Maybe you should get one and have him take it. If he wont take it you have your answer.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• He went with his dad yesterday for the first time in 2 months (I know his father has used drugs in the past just never thought he'd scoop so low as to do it near my son)...

My son is 4 years old and I asked him if he meant like he takes his medicine (He is on Nasonex for allergies) and he said "No daddy put his medicine up his nose like that" and pointed at my pill... I sent his dad a message asking if he knew what he was talking about and of course wouldn't respond. Tried calling and he won't answer.

As far as i'm concerned at this point he will not be going with his father, if he wants to see him he can do so at my house. But I just wanted to know if I was the only one who would jump to such conclusions.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• you did not jump to anything, it was right in your face
    i would seek advice from lawyer, does this 'father' have any visitation rights from a court?
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I have full custody and say so over visitation
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't know any kind of recreational drug use that involves putting a pill up one's nose. Snorting powder maybe, but a pill up the nose?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Um I was not talking about putting a pill up the nose...

Obviously..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 6:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You are right on track with your thinking Im sure, and especially if you know dad has done things in the past. I would absolutely NEVER let him be with him again and especially unsupervised. Kids should NEVER see those things and if he were in school and said something like that to the teacher everyone involved would be investigated, so you know the right thing to do, yes, daddy did stoop that low and he will do it again and again, the ones snorting stuff up their noses dont know how to stop for anything, not even their kids.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 6:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2009