My NINE yr old has huge breasts & almost as much pubic hair as I do...

Yes, that's right. Her body is changing so rapidly & I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Ugh. I saw my daughter naked the other day & I was shocked at what I saw. It's been awhile since i've seen her "down below" & I was surprised to see that she has just about as much pubic hair as I do, it's thick & dark. TMI, I know. & her breasts are so HUGE! Is this normal for a nine yr old? She wont be 10 until January. Does this mean her period is around the corner??? Yikes! Not ready for all of this right now, I'm only 26 myslef...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• could be my mom told me she started her period at 9 and had size C boobs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Sounds like me at nine, my period came at 10. Has anyone else in your family developed this early? I know they say it is the milk and hormones and everything that is causing to puberty to start early but I was right on track with my grandmother. I have the same body built and everything as her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well it doesn't mean her period will come tomorrow but it doesn't mean it wont either. But if you are so concerned ask your mom if she was that young when she started developing or any of your female friends. you need to remember not to embarass your daughter about it as i am sure this is awkward for her too. I was 9 when i started to develope but no period until i was 12. so it could be 3 more years before that arrives. plus you need to remember with all the artificial growth hormones in our foods now a days its not surprising when girls as young as 6-7 start developing my 8 year old has breast buds and peach fuzz so to speak but i am not shcoked because we dont eat organically. if more ppl did less kids would be developing so rapidly. its sad but true the govt adds crap to our food but then bitches about the teen pregnancy rate. good luck hun.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 4:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• OP

Well, my mother died when I was 3 so I never knew her or anything about her. But personally, I started my period when I was 10 & it was sooo traumatic for me. May be why I'm blowing this whole thing with my daughter out of proportion...?? I just feel too young to have a daughter who's about to start her period LOL... but it's coming whether i like it or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• unfortunately puberty is coming earlier these days, all my younger cousins started their cycles at 8 and 9. they looked like little women, i hated taking them out with me, men were awful!! Definitely time to talk about changes if you havent yet. Good luck...lol welcome to your daughters womanhood!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My DD. Developed at 10 and started her period soon after ,My Niece is 8 and I saw her naked last weekend and Shes getting some peach fuzz down below also I couldnt believe it. I think it is the hormones in our foods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have a soon to be 10 year old- two months- and I too am astounded by her development. Some is genetic- her Dad is 100% Greek- and we all know how hairy the Greek women are. When she started to eat "foods" I religiously fed her ONLY ORGANIC dairy, yogurt; butter;sour cream etc. as I read that if you do not feed a complete organic diet at least try and stay organic with dairy- apparantly the milk producing hormones given to cows more likely than some other foods- gets directly into the finished product. It didn't seem to matter but who knows what her development might have been?? Her Ped. said a couple years on the period but jeesh I don't know. I started in the 6th grade and HATED it. My daughter at 9 is exactly 5 foot tall and wears a woman's size 10 shoe. I am not joking. I am 5" 10" -her Dad only 5: 8". Yikes! It seems to me when she's "dressed" and we go to dinner guys are already looking at her.
    lydshaye

Answer by lydshaye at 1:42 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• did yo ever discuss with your daughter the changes that will hapeen to her body? have u talk to her about what mestrual cyzle is?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:18 AM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My DD's ped said that they are seeing that girls are starting their periods about a year before their moms did.

And, if you've not talked to your daughter about what is happening to her body, please do so now. She needs to be prepared (as much as she can be) before she starts.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009