Another c-section questions for moms who have had one...

Ok, so I'm getting really, really nervous. Just give it to me straight. How bad is it and what are the pros/cons? What was your experience like?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 4:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not bad, but i had no other choice
    planned is SO much better than emergency
    1st, regular getting ready for surg., caphator was the worst because nurse put it in wrong, if it hurts bad, it is in wrong
    2nd, in surg room, they have you sit on table, give shot in spine, i did not feel a thing, husband can come in after that
    3rd, you will ne numb from breast down, curtain up, husband at face
    4th, they kept askingif i could feel this, feel that, meanwhile they were already opening me up, but i did not know (i had told doc that i was very scared, he did a cool thing and kept asking if i could feel this, like he was waiting for med to take effect) so he was almost there to baby when i thought he was not doing anything
    then a beautiful baby, you get to have him/her right next to you like 'real' labor, after a bit, you have to go to recovery, husband can stay with baby back on your room, you go to recovery until you can...
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I've had two. The first one was bad just because you don't know what to expect and a lot of it is fear. I was up and doing normal activities within 3 days. Just expect to be sore and just take it easy for the first month. Take the pain meds and keep moving around. After the first two weeks you should pop a pain killer and go for short walks. The more active you are the less pain you'll feel because you will heal faster. I just had my second a couple months ago and and it took even less time to heal this time around. Good Luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• until you can wiggle toes, then they take you to your room with your baby and husband, you will still be on a rolling cart and unable yet to walk of course. they get you in your bed, and you can breast feed, i watched nurse bathe her. they have you on some strong meds but you know what is going on
    stay ahead of the pain with the meds, they took my baby into nursery at night, my husband did not stay the night, they did not want me to get up or reach for her, the first night i let them, and they brought her in when she needed feeding, the nurses also though i would get some sleep (yeh right!) 2nd might i asked for them to keep her with me and i promised to ring them when i wanted to pick her up out of bassinet, you have to be careful with lifting and stretching etc. so whenever i wanted to pick her up i rang for nurse
    had the BEST nurses in the world
    home in three days, husband got her in middle of night, i breast fed, after
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• after a few nights, i was getting her myself and husband was sleeping through it all
    my stitches healed beautifully, no problems, and two years later you have to look real hard to even see where they cut me open.

i too was scared, husband took my c scetion books away because it was just freaking me out, i was honest with my doc and he did great job in surgery, he did not even let me know what thry were doing, and if you think about it, you do not need to know, you just want your baby delivered healthy. ask your doc to do the same, all health people in there ust have been instructed to be quiet about what thry were doing

if i can do it, you can too, i have to lay down since i was 18 and fainted when they take blood, i am the biggest wimp

concentrate on your baby not the process of him/her getting here to you

no worries!!
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 5:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• boredmom44 explained everything to a capital T. I'm going for my 2nd C-section and im not scared at all. I actually cant wait to start the healing process. My 1st was tough only because I didnt know what to expect but like what was mentioned the baby was out by the time I layed down. It was all over in like 10mins and I joined my DH and DD like 20mins later. Do stay ahead of the pain meds because you feel sore. Good Luck
    Se-Se

Answer by Se-Se at 5:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009