Today I found out that I am being induced. Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 9pm and I will be induced the next day. I wanted to know what the procedure of induction is and I wanted to hear about others' experiences.

I am currently 41 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy.

harrisj86

Asked by harrisj86 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess they want you to have a good night sleep. I went in and they induced me then and the baby was born 44 minutes later.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was induced at 8pm and had my son at 3:50 in the morning. I was 4-5 CM dilated when I went in and fully effaced. I had a wonderful experience.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 4:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You go in they take vitals finish all your admissions paperwork, take a history. Do an exam. Many Drs are still using Cervidil. It is a little insert they place at your cervix. Usually this is inserted the night before.indeuction. In many women it helps ripen the cervix. If you are having no issues where that is concerned often the just begin a Pitocin drip in the morning to begin contractions. Some women progress very rapidly through labor to delivery. Others don't respond at all. Take a deep breath and try to rest in the meantime. You'll be holding your baby soon.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i was induced. i got to the hospital at 9:30am, the started at 11:25am. when i went in i was 3 cm and 90% effaced.
    they hooked me up to the mointors and sarted the pitocin in the iv, then broke my water.
    i was in labor for 13 hours, dd was born at 12:24am the next morning. everything went totally fine for us, no complications at all.
    i had an epidural bc the pitocin makes the contractions A LOT harder than normal.

dont worry, you will be fine!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:07 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was induced with my daughter.Went in aorund 6 am to get checked in and everything got situated in my room and what not.Then the hooked me up to an IV one has Patossin in it which in the drug they use tio induce labor and then they did a pelvic exam.and ur hooked up to a fetal monitor,every hour they up the patossin and around 1:30 pm they broke my water which brings u into full active labor and i have a tilted uterus si i had back labor which sucks.then i requested the epidural and i didnt even feel it going in,and the next think i knew it was time to push i pushed 4 times and she was out i had her at 4:28 pm good luck
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I was induced for medical reasons with my 3rd child. My doctor put the cervidil on my cervix around 5:30pm and the plan was to start the pitocin at 8am the following day. I was 0cm dialated when the cervidil was put on my cervix. That was enough to put me into labor though. I had my daughter at 1:51am and the pitocin was never needed.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 8:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• why get induced so early? be sure to search online about the risks of induction. good luck and congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2009