is your dh a heavy equipment mechanic/ engineer in the army???

My husband is fixing to join the army and that is the job he is going in for and i just kinda wanted to see the different places that maybe we'd be stationed, and do you move alot or if your dh has ever been deployed w/ this kinda job? We currently live in tx and he's doing his training and stuff in Missouri, he'll leave this october. Thanks again ladies

mdhart03

Asked by mdhart03 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband does a different job in the Army. He was deployed to Iraq 2 times.
    Army life has it's benefits, but even if your husband won't deploy the have to go to school or classes a lot, my hubby was gone from April til October last year, he will be gone again in Ocotber / November for 6 weeks and somewhen next year he will go 6 months for another school.
    Also seeing and living in different places is nice, but it gets really annoying after a while, as soon as you find friends they either get stationed somewhere else or you have to PCS.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 5:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My husband is a 19D, a cavalry scout. He's spent 40 months in Iraq on 3 deployments. But right now he's a recruiter.

It doesn't really matter what his job is, if he's attached to a combat unit (and he will be most of the time, most of the not combat units are in traddoc [training places]) then he will deploy with them. They work together as a unit, with combat units and support units (what your husband will be) all deploying at once. Everyone from the infantryman to the finance guy deploys together. It will really depend on the deployment rotation of the unit he gets to.

How often you move really depends. We spent 5 years in one place, and could have stayed longer, but made the choice to move. We got orders to go on recruiting duty after less than two years at our second duty station. We are now here for 3+ years and then who knows where.

As far as I'm tracking, you could get stationed almost anywhere.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009