pink for a boy??

My DD is 2 y/o and I am having a baby boy, my step mom thinks instead of having a shower and DH and I buying boy stuff for him I should use all my DD's old pink stuff. Money isnt an issue...
Would you do this?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, pink says "this is a little girl." I'd get a neutral color or blue, especially if money isn't an issue. Perhaps you could tell her that you gave all of your pink stuff to a family who needed it?

Answer by Bmat at 5:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with using the occasional bottle or something like that but I don't think I would go all out and dress my son in pink clothes! Maybe if you are just hanging around at home, a pink onesie wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't do it. But that is just me.

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• She sounds insane... Seriously.. Good way to screw up your child.

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I mean the swing, crib set, ect. Yes clothes too, I think she is just weird

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• You should have a baby shower! Its a new baby! BUT if you have some not girly stuff you can use then use it.

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My mom sent pink stuff because she waited with me to find out what the baby was. My son wore all of his pink stuff around the house or to sleep but never outside the house or when we had company.

Answer by Queentdi at 5:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Maybe for just around the house or for an odd toy. I'm cheap.

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• The old school way of thinking was one shower for your first baby, but it's commonplace now for women to have showers for every baby. I would think a baby shower would be great, since now you are in need of boy stuff. I can understand using the swing or bottles, but a little boy needs blue clothes.

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Big things such as furniture, etc I would pass down. My son grabs my daughter's sippy cup every now and then and drinks from it(its pink). But no, I would not put pink on my son. I'd buy boy clothes.

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• No because of the pictures you will be taking as he grows. Just my opinion.

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2009