With a C-section, is DH allowed in the room?

Does anyone know typically what the rules are for who allowed in the operating room? I'd like my mom and my husband, but I definitely don't want to be alone. What was your experience like with a c-section?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a c-section and my hubby and mom were allowed in. My hubby stayed with me and held my hand and my mom watched the entire thing .... only a mom could do that! lol. I didn't think it was bad at all ... I really didn't care how the baby came as long as it was healthy. Good luck!
    happymama2D

Answer by happymama2D at 8:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• At both hospitals I've delivered at, one person was allowed in the OR (in addition to a doula at one hospital, so a doula and one other person). I think one person is standard at most hospitals. I doubt they'll make you go alone. But if you want to know for sure, call the hospital and ask.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 6:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Yes, both times. With the first even my mother was in there. Stop being so scared sweetie. It's going to be fine, If you have any questions just ask your OB. It will be ok and if you just relax everything will go fine. You will forget all about these worries as soon as you hold your new baby. Then you'll just have a whole other set of worries, LOL . :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• usually it is one person only. i didnt have a c-section, but know a lot of people that did and all of them only could have one person.

good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I know one is allowed in always but some hospitals may allow another. Sometimes with emergency c section no one is. This is most because a OR is a sterile envoirment. Your hubby or mom would have to be scrubbed up and dressed. By the time they do this they have had that baby out for like 5 mins. If you have a scheduled c section you don't have to worry about that. Good Luck!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• one person is allowed...so if you choose DH then DH it is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• one person is alloed unless u are put under then no one...i have two both times hubby was with me...best of luck an take it easy
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My family didn't have time to get there, but DH was in the room with me. He stayed at my side and didn't go back behind the curtain.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Daddy can be there! Steph! Are you having a C section?! What's going on? pm me!!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2009