glucose testing...

okay i recently took my glucose test on Friday it came back high. does that mean i have it i have another appt to take the 3 hour one. has anyone else had this?

maris1192

Asked by maris1192 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had to do boht. my first came back high, but my second was normal. dont worry about it too much, you could be fine. the 3 hour test sucked for me bc the peopkle there couldnt do a blood draw if thier life depended on it!! if you have that problem, dont be afraid to ask for someone else!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 6:09 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• the one with my daughter come back high and i had to do the three hour one and it was HELL. my three hour one come back just a tad high too so they just watched me close i never had to have anything for it
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• i just did the three hour test last week and it came back normal

just remember you'll be at the place for a long time and they dont let you leave- bring a book and something else entertaining. you may need a ride home unless you are within walking distance of somewhere to eat. you'll be hungry
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• yup this is my second baby, with my first one everything was i guess ideal and with my second one it was high so we did a three hour one and i kinda freaked out i was really scared but it turned out that everything was ok the worst part was that it made me really tired and my arms got pretty sore (they took blood in both arms) hopefully things work out for you good luck!
    Tink187

Answer by Tink187 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 31, 2009