Picky eater

Since birth my son would eat or drink anything and seemed to never even noticed a difference. He switched formula's a few times and did just fine. He switched to whole milk just fine. He'd eat any type of jarred baby food offered to him. Now that he's on table foods he very picky. He used to eat up the jarred bananas now he won't touch them. All he wants to eat is starchy foods like bread, potatoes, cheerios. He won't eat anything off of a spoon anymore. And like his father, he can and will go all day without eating if he isn't offered something he wants. How can I get him to eat better? I've tried doing fruits and veggies first and it doesn't work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried making eating a game? Cheer him on and if he can have him count his bites. If meals are more enjoyable he should be more willing to eat them.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009