4 jabs?

Four shots: New this week, some health officials say children under the age of 9 who have never had a flu shot will need four shots. This includes two seasonal flu shots and two H1N1 shots.

Why would anyone say you would need 4 flu shots?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I know for the regular flu vax they give it to the younger ones in two shots. One and then a month later another (like a booster). I wouldn't touch the H1N1 with a ten foot pole though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• My son always gets the regular flu shot it has always been one shot, he is 2 now. I just can not see the purpose in 4 shots that to me is a bit excessive.
    OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• All vaccines are optional. We don't get flu shots, and we DEFINITELY won't be getting H1N1 vaccines!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 6:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• It would be the same reasoning as puppy shots. Immunity building in partial doses.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• May I ask, not judging at all, why you are choosing not to get the H1N1 shot? We don't get flu shots either, we did until they were two, and then we stopped. But, I have been considering the H1N1, so I am curious as to your personal decision not too.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Trying to kill them off faster.. kids are such a burden on the economy right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• "May I ask, not judging at all, why you are choosing not to get the H1N1 shot? We don't get flu shots either, we did until they were two, and then we stopped. But, I have been considering the H1N1, so I am curious as to your personal decision not too."

I don't get the flu shot and DEFINITELY wont be getting the H1N1. Trust me, the media is creating unnecessary hysteria over this. Saying 90k people are estimated to die.. yet, they dont include that being worldwide. 30k+ die each year from the regular flu. This is such a new vaccine, it just cannot be trusted. Keep up with your vitamins, wash your hands and you'll be as good as gold. ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:41 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Personally, I asked my child's Dr. about the H1N1 vax and she said that she wasn't sure about it. She has children and I would think that if she felt it was in our best interest she would be telling me the positives about it. Not a word was said but that she 'wasn't sure about that one either' (after telling her that I wasn't sure I was even interested in that since I hadn't heard anything but negatives about it).

Also, I don't have a link or a source, but other CM's have posted that the Vax makers won't even take it (that's a bad sign). I wouldn't eat at a restaurant that the owner wouldn't dine at.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well, considering that I am a SAHM and my kids are NOT in school yet, will NOT get any shots. I have rarely ever gotten the flu shot, one year I decided to and got really really sick. When I don't get a shot, I might get the sniffles but that is about it. So no I will not get a shot nor have I ever gotten flu shots for my kids. The other thing is there is sooooooooooooooooo much hype about it, that it really bothers me, and I don't trust anything with that much hype. As well as it is a new vaccine and I am not going to take that chance with my kids.

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 8:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2009