I sort of want a present...

Am I being selfish? Would you expect one? It is my 25 wedding anniversary tomorrow and my husband is planning a trip. He said that is our present. He didn't even ask me if I wanted to go. I am trying to look forward to it but I just am not. I know I should.
Here comes another Anniversary for me to be the disgruntled wife. Would you want one?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love to travel and when we take a trip around my birthday or anniversary, I always tell my husband that its my gift. Of course I consider the places we eat and the things I want to do are part of the present too. LOL! Unless he is taking you camping or fishing, just relax and go with it. It sounds very thoughtful of him.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Well, you guys go on a trip, that counts as a gift, but he can give you at least some flowers! Do you have a gift for him?
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• He didn't even ask you if you wanted to go on the trip? Maybe he thought he was being romantic by planning it for you! Maybe tell him you would rather stay home and have him buy you flowers. You know what I get for my anniversaries? Nothing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• 25 years wow! I tell my dh just what I want because he knows that if mama aint happy, aint nobody happy.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• For ou 25th anniversary, we went to Las Vegas for a week. We didn't give each other presents. We gambled, we went to Hoover Dam, we drove out to Death Valley, and we enjoyed our time doing things you can't do in NC. Go have fun. We rarely remember the gifts. We always remember the things we do. Go make some more memories.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'd be happy with the trip...super happy.

If he's disgruntled with you on trips maybe it's because you're pouty and grumpy on the trips.

Be thankful that he cares enough to book the trip and have fun.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I totally agree with jesse123456.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2009