clomid question?

started taking clomid on sunday can i get pregnant now or do it have to be when i
ovulate cause from what i heard you will relase eggs when taking clomid an get pregnant then correct me if i am wrong.so do i have to wait until i ovulate even though i am taking the medcine alreadyi take my last pill this thurday i have five pills three more to take.

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You have to wait until you ovulate. Most docs suggest doing ovulation predictor tests, or mine does an ultrasound.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:27 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Until that egg is released from the follicle, it's not going to be fertilized. No ovulation, no egg to meet up with the sperm. Typically, it takes 10 - 16 days from the start of your period for ovulation to occur....with or without Clomid. It's not a series of eggs being released over time. Only rarely would a woman ovulate more than once in a cycle....even when more than one egg is released. The lutenizing hormone (LH) surge happens right before ovulation which is what is picked up on the OPK....about 12 hours after the surge. It takes awhile for the hormone to show up in urine. Blood tests can pick it up quicker.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I just took Clomid early August and found out I was pregnant last Monday. Generally they say you ovulate around day 14. Every woman is different. You do have to ovulate, but unless you know exactly when you ovulate and how long your cycles are then there's always a chance. Some women ovulate really early and some late. I myself found I had more of a 32 day cycle than 28 day. Also don't be surprised with the Clomid a lot of women get side effects that are identical to pregnancy. I got lucky and mine was pregnancy but before I knew that I found a lot of women who weren't and just had all the symptoms and my Dr confirmed that it's normal. Also Clomid doesnt always work first time around. They prob started u on 50mg. Some women require 100mg or 150mg before ovulating. Don't get discouraged. My day 21 progesterone test they told me I likely didn't ovulate and prob wasnt preg..day 35 I was preg lol So, what do they know? :)
    Impetusangelic

Answer by Impetusangelic at 10:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• FYI

Hello everyone, i was on my second course of clomid and started to have SEVERE cramping, i went to the ERa nd they found a softball sized cyst on my R ovary and a 3 cm cyst on my left. With these cysts I cannot concieve, and My doctor is taking a VERY laze fare approach, my heart is so broken I want a new baby but the dr says it will be months before i can concieve, PLEASE EVERYONE BE AWARE of the side effects of cysts and the danger of taking clomid THE SIGNS OF A CYST ARE PREGNANCY SIGNS nausa, fatigue, and food aversions

PLEASE BE CAREFULL WITH CLOMID.
    mammallamadrama

Answer by mammallamadrama at 1:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009