How long before I can peel the tape off my c-section cut?

I totally forget and its too late in the day to call my doc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Steri strips are made to come off on their own as things heal. DONT pull them off, you will open up your incision and have WAY more problems than you want. They cant just always sew you back up if you tear back open, and I promise you dont want to have to pack a wound and let it heal that way. They will loosen and fall off as they need to.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 6:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I would wait until it falls off on its own. I ripped mine off after gallbladder surgery, which was a mistake. My incision opened back up. Ugh! I asked my doc later and he said to let it fall off on its own.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• just leave it on until your appt with your dr and theyll take it off. there is no rush to take it off its helping oyu heal.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• is it the tape they put on after they take out the staples? if so leave it on until it falls off
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• the steri-strips.. leave me until the doc takes them off himself. would you pull out your stitches or staples on your own? id hope not.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• mydr told me if they start peeling off to ut the stray pieces off but leave what is still connected intact
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• with the steri strips i was told i could take them off after a week.. mine all came off the next day (after they were put on) in the shower >
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 8:36 PM on Aug. 31, 2009