how long after you eat something does it affect your breastmilk?

My dd has been spitting up a lot the last few days in the afternoon and evenings. I have been making myself fruit smoothies at night for a treat...do you think the two are related?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 6:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies spit up. Period. Unless she's doing it constantly or a large amount, there's nothing wrong. Babies can't figure out how to burp correctly and wind up spitting up, and when they do learn, they still spit up sometimes. My DD is 8 months old and she still spits about about once a day or so.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Not likely. But try eliminating the smoothies and see if the problem disappears. If you're using dairy and that's ALL the dairy you take in, that could be the issue.

But very likely UNrelated...baby would be spitting up trhough the night and mornng. Food passes within only a couple of hours, not nearly a day.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2009