Can you relactate on just one side

I am trying to relactate due to a change of heart after a 7 wk break.my ds is almost 3 mth.i always had problems getting him to take left side because its bigger and thicker and i got a sns and he still wont latch.have already seen a lc and dont have a good pump can i relactate only on right side?

Mommy2twoboyz22

Asked by Mommy2twoboyz22 at 6:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know! But I do know that one of mine made more milk than the other! I am pretty sure that you will want to do both or you will have one way bigger than the other.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 7:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• Babies are funny..they'll reject a side for weeks, then take it.

Just offer. Yes, EVERYTHING is possible as long as the breasts are still there.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:51 PM on Aug. 31, 2009

• I'm sure you can. Both my children refused my left breast, and nursed almost solely from the right. If you can start out with just one breast, then I don't see why you can't REstart with just one too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2009